Monday, January 28, 2013

Sorting It Out

Week 3 was about how to best classify and symbolize data.  Our lab assignment focused on data classification by using four different methods to show the same data.

To create the four panel map, I first set up one data frame completely.  Next, I added data frames and worked to match the layout to the original panel. I felt that keeping all four panels uniform would highlight the classification differences. The four panel map was very useful in showing how a data classification choice can shape the interpretation of the data and possibly lead a map reader to various conclusions.

 I analyzed the attribute table and used the Statistics function to choose a best-fit method.  I thought Quantiles (5 classes) best showed the important clusters in the data. 


No comments:

Post a Comment